The Kaiserwinkl in the summer
In Kaiserwinkl, holidaymakers will find a piece of original Tyrol in altitude of 600 m above sea level. The four Communities Kössen Walchsee Schwendt and Rettenschöss have maintaned their traditional charm with their traditionally painted houses.
The picturesque Kössen is near tot Walchsee and Schwendt the central place in the Kaiserwinkl. The village, with its beautifully painted old buildings is located at the Kössener Ache, which flows around the village in a wide arc.
The area around Kössen offers the holidaymaker in the summer and in the winter a variety of holiday activities: During the summer - in addition to the over one hundred trails - an adventure Waldbad with mother-child area, beach volleyball, bike rentals, fitness course, cable car to Unterberghorn, kite flying - and paragliding, canyoning, rafting, mini golf, fishing, library, bowling alley, tennis courts, three 18-hole golf courses, riding hall as well as numerous opportunities for horse riding and carriage rides in a very romantic environment.
The Walchsee is with up to 24° C in the summer a popular lake. Wind surfers, sailors and water skiers are well catered for.
With the Kaiserwinkl Card you get to avail of lots of discounted offers during your holiday, or even free of charge.
Summer services with the Kaiserwinkl Card
- Free parking at ten car parks in the region
- Free guided tours of the village
- 50% discount on selected programs of the creative summer workshops
- 0% discount on the journey up and down the mountain at Bergbahn Kössen for adults, Children (D.O.B. 2008) free
- 23% discount on the entrance of the outdoor pool in Kössen
- Countless discounts with taxi companies, at water sports facilities, cable cars, Adventure Club, the alpine diary and various guesthouses, shops and leisure facilities in the Kaiserwinkl
- Free local bus all year
- Free horse-drawn carriage ride for children up to the age of 12
- 50% discount on Kaiserwinkl merchandising items
- 50% discount on guided hikes
- 20% discount on 18-hole green fees per stay on all three of the golf courses in the Kaiserwinkl
The most beautiful aspects of cycling - in our house we also provide you with free rental bicycles if booked in advance.
For cyclists and mountain bikers there is a lot to experience in Kaiserwinkl. Experience the beauty of nature at the foot of the Kaiser Mountains on well-signposted cycle paths. Walk around the Unterberg in Kössen or discover the beautiful moor landscape on the Schwemm between Walchsee and Rettenschöss.
The foothills of the Zahmen and Wilden Kaiser form the south form the magnificent backdrop for numerous walking tours. The cliffs of the Wilden Kaiser (to 2344 m altitude) are among climbers a popular and challenging climbing area.
The back of the quieter Unterberghorn (1700 m) is especially for paragliders and hang gliders, a fantastic destination. There is also a school with special courses. Hikers enjoy the beautiful views of the Kaisertal and the rock walls of the Wilder Kaiser from the Bärenhütte.
In the summer months there are numerous festivals and events of national importance located in the Kaiserwinkl. Here are just a few:
- Kössener cheese festival in May
- Pragleiding Festival
- Harley-Davidson convention in June
- Kaiserwinkl Golf Week in June
- Schwendter Midsummer festival in June
- Classic Car Race in June
- Forest Festival of Trachtenvereins in July
- AirCard Party of hang gliding and paragliding in August
- Kössener Village Festival of the clubs in August
- Festival delicacies and cattle drive in Schwendt and Kössen in September
Exact dates can be found at the local tourist offices - click for more
The region of the Kaiserwinkl also spoils families with children. In the months of July and August every Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon a free children's program is offered. In the summer months municipalities of Kössen and Schwendt organize regularly open air concerts.